SUPER STAR

I took a break from my Michael Miller fabric challenge quilt quilting to work on a charity quilt.  I'm doing a Jacob's ladder design using cotton/linen blend.  Here's the layout.  I like to use Photoshop for quilt design and layout.



I'm in love with these fabrics, Robert Kaufman's Essex collection.  They are so great to work with.  I began making four patches, which there are a ton of, by cutting strips sewing them together than sub cutting the strips and sewing the cut strips together, very common method.  As I was doing the final press on my blocks I noticed that 99% of the seams lined up perfectly.  The cotton/linen blend is just amazing.  It was a great ego boost to work with these fabrics.







It was a fun break from the wrestling match, also known as quilting on a domestic machine, I was working on.

Comments