Busy Busy Busy

I had a very productive week.  I finished my Michael Miller challenge quilt for Quiltcon 2016.  I've already entered three quilts, fingers crossed, and will be entering this one as well.  I didn't realize that I had confirmed delivery of the challenge fabrics so it was a surprise when I got them and then realized I had to design a quilt for submission.  Here's a sneak peek:

Michael Miller challenge quilt
My fabulous niece, who's a great photographer, said she'd help me with some entry pictures.

I also sandwiched my daughter's retro TV quilt.  I find that my quilt 'bottle neck' is often sandwiching.  I have one window to sandwich a quilt and it's when I'm home with free time and my daughter is sleeping, not all that frequent.

Retro TV quilt (redo)

I've loved Melody Miller's fabric designs for years and was so excited to be able to use her viewfinder print from her Playful line for this backing.  The theme was perfect.  The fabric I used for the TV screens is another Cotton and Steel fabric line.

Finally, I finished making the blocks for the Jacob's ladder charity quilt and began piecing the rows.  I decided to go row by row instead of making all the rows at once then sewing the rows together so I didn't mess up the pattern.


 

I'm very happy to have gotten so much done in one week that probably means I'll get close to nothing done this coming week.

Comments