Odds and Ends

I haven't finished any big projects lately, one is ready to sandwich and anther is completely cut and ready to piece, but I have completed several smaller projects recently, including two pillows, a basket and zipper pouch.  I also did a wall hanging quilt for my friend's new office.



I used stash fabrics for the petals and Zen Chic's Modern Backgrounds for, of course, the background.  I really like the over feel of the medium grey.


Plum Petals

I hope it will brighten her office.  The finish size is 40" x 48" and I added hanging sleeves on two sides so it can be hung horizontal or vertical.


Changing gears, each year I set a handful of skill building goals for myself.  This year I wanted to try curve piecing and on point layout.  Thankfully I did both and it feels great!  I've already made a list for next year some of the items on the list include:
  • Double wedding ring quilt
  • Pineapple log cabin quilt
  • Triangle piecing
  • Improve pieced quilt
  • Use my stash more 

Even though it's still 2015 I've begun to work on my list.  My double wedding ring quilt is all cut out and have pieced a single ring for an accent pillow.  I've found a great inspiration for a beginner improve pieced quilt.  Lastly, I pieced a triangle quilt top for my friend's daughter's first birthday.  I'm excited to have a jump start on my skill building with the holidays coming up sewing opportunities will be limited.

Lily's Quilt

This quilt ended up being 49" x 65", or so.  I have to admit it's not perfect but as I went along my piecing got better.

Early Piecing
Later Piecing

Finally, I'm making a twin size quilt quilt for my niece so she and her mother came over and we went through my stash and pulled fabrics for a log cabin quilt.  I love the color pallet and the backing material, Carie Bloomston's Paint.  I'm also gonna make her a couple coordinating throw pillows, probably a paint can and a brush.

Sophia's Fabrics
Too Cute!









Comments