MIA = WIP

I don't usually devote an entire post to a work in progress but it's been a while since I've posted anything.  Life has been crazy.  First I went on vacation, then we experienced the worse power outages in 126 years, next my daughter's 2nd birthday and finally Thanksgiving.  Not leaving much time for quilting.  I did manage to finish a quilt top today (60 x 72):

Desinged-Improv - Ashley Goldberg 0440a
My inspiration is an Ashley Goldberg print, design 0440a.

Design 0440

It might not be in the "spirit" of improv sewing to follow a pattern but I needed to ease into the technique.  Just going for it was overwhelming I found I could conquer not measuring, figuring, and cutting  a block at a time.  I think the improvisation mimics the casual feel of the original print. 

Time to sandwich.  I'm trying to decided between two cotton and steal fabrics for the backing both from the Paper Bandanna line:

Paper Cuts Earth

Painted Grass
I can't wait to see this quilt finished.  Happy Thanksgiving!



Comments