First Finished Quilt of 2016

I finished a quilt!  I designed this quilt for the MQG pattern of the month, it wasn't accepted.  I'm actually very happy it wasn't because the more I thought about it the less I wanted to get into pattern writing.

Collegiate Quilt
It's a strip quilt but as you can see I mixed several patterns together.  I also tried out a new quilting design with my walking foot.  I really like the texture it adds and will definitely use it again.


While piecing this quilt I decided my niece would love the colors and backing so I'm gifting it to her.  She excited!  That always makes it more fun.




As mentioned before I've been getting alot done.  I finished two quilt tops this week and a monthly challenge I've signed up for, but more on that later.  There's just so much going on right now, including an official Modern Quilt Guild in Spokane.  It just started this month!  The Inland Northwest Modern Quilt Guild's next meeting is Feb 3rd.  Here's their Facebook page for more information.

On a side note.  My quilts made it safely to LA for Quiltcon and I can't wait to go down there in February!!

Comments