QuiltCon Challenge

Usually I'm on top of things and entering my quilts in QuiltCon that first week in July but this year I haven't done that and it's been ok because it gave me a chance to make a quilt, Pickle Knots, for the American Patchwork & Quilting Two-Color Quilt Challenge.

Pickle Knots
The second I saw the two color challenge I was inspired to design a quilt.  I wanted to go high contrast but not too jarring so I toned it down a touch by using Kona Pickle and Kona Storm.

Pickle Knots
I also wanted to expand and experiment with my quilting skills and used a mixture of straight lines and circles to enhance the design.

Pickle Knots
It was nice to take a break from all the deadlines and make a something more creatively inspired.  I was still on sort of a deadline because I wanted to have the quilting done in time to take this along on my recent vacation to Alaska.

Pickle Knots - Denali National Park
I actually lugged three quilts along with me to Alaska in order to finish hand binding them.  I knew we'd have alot of down time while traveling so it was nice to have something to keep me busy.  I'm happy to say I finished them all!


I'm kind of liking taking my time to complete my QuiltCon entries and I think I have four or five picked out to enter.  This year I may enter seven quilts in hopes of getting the maximum 5 accepted.  Last year I entered 5 so we'll see. 

Pickle Knots - Denali National Park

Big thanks to my dad for filling in for my quilt stand!!










"For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.  From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.  I will ever praise you." Psalm 71:5-6

Comments