Sketchbook Norah Tote

This month's Aurifil Artisan challenge was to make a bag.  I've done it in the past I'm not the best at it so I knew I should take on the challenge and expand my sewing skills.  What I didn't know was that my first fabric line Sketchbook would be out and available for the project!




I picked out the Norah pattern by Sotak and the fabrics I wanted to use from my Sketchbook fabric collection, now available in my shop.  For the main body I used Stamped Circles in Ecru, the bottom and handles is Cabochon in Black and the lining Stamped Circle in Lime.  I really love the effect of the the lime colored print peaking out from the interior of the bag.

 

 

I wanted to used a thread that would stand out but not overpower the prints so I chose Aurifil 40 wt.  This was prefect for giving the stitches a presence but at not standing out too much.  It was also great for sewing through all the layers of fabric and interfacing.

 


Thankfully from all my past experimenting with making bags I had some great zipper pulls in my sewing supplies.  Personally I love the look for metallic zippers but hate dealing with not being able to easily adjust the length.  I found these great nylon zippers that look like metallic zippers that you can safely cut right through.  I also took a scrap piece of Stamped Circles in Lime and raided my daughter's beads and made a custom key fob.  I just love the look of my finished tote.



I've had a super busy October.  My fabric arrived, making sample quilts, making fat quarter bundles, sewing and pattern writing.  I'm so thankful for work and to be busy again.  I've always been the living proof that, if you want something done give it to a busy person, true.  When I don't have as much to do I don't get much done.  I took a couple days

Along with this blog post I also wrote a guest blog post for Christa Watson's blog Christa Quilts.  I encourage you to head on over there and check out my post and the rest of Christa site.




"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Comments

  1. That's a great bag made with fabulous fabric! It's a super combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivian. It's definitely surreal to be creating with "my" fabric.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bag and how fun to make it in your own fabric! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it's crazy! Before I started out on this adventure I prayed about it and left it in God's hands so I'm happy to have this blessing for the time He allows me to have it. Thank you so much!!

      Delete

Post a Comment