Heather's Favorite Bundle/Jubilee Quilt

Last year I was asked by Paintbrush Studio Fabrics to partner with them and curate a custom fat quarter bundle, Heather's Favorites, with a free quilt pattern, Jubilee.   This bundle is full of colors I use in my quilt designs and truly are my favorite colors.

Heather's Favorites
Heather's Favorites Bundle

I really love Painter's Palette solids.  They are a great quality-soft 100% cotton solid and even more exciting they are made not to fray as much as a typical quilter's solid.  This is a great benefit especial when using a color palette that mixes light and dark colors.

 

Fat Quarter bundle
Heather's Favorites Bundle

 

There are 16 different colors in varying values perfect for adding depth and movement to any project.  This bright cheery palette was perfect for my Jubilee quilt.  This design mixes half square triangles and quarter circles to create a party atmosphere or a feeling of celebration.


Jubilee Quilt
Jubilee Quilt by Heather Black


My Jubilee quilt is 56'' x 63'' and makes a great throw or lap quilt.  It is, of course, fat quarter friendly.  the free pattern is available for download at pbsfabrics.com.  I recommend downloading the file and printing it from your computer and not off the website.  This will keep your web browser from automatically scaling the file and printing the wrong size templates.  It is always good to double check the size of the templates after printing.

 

Jubilee Quilt by Heather Black
Jubilee Quilt by Heather Black


I really love this quilt.  With all that color it easily brings a smile to my face.  Obviously, the picture above was taken over the summer but I appreciate the pairing of my Jubilee quilt and a nice sunny day.


Jubilee Quilt by Heather Black
Jubilee Quilt by Heather Black

I used a mix of straight lines and geometric fan shapes.  I wanted to make sue that the quilting didn't stop your eye from dancing over the quilt as one color jumps to the front while the color you were just looking at receded.  I think keeping the background quilting simple and using shapes that echo the petal shape really kept the color palette as the star.

 

Jubilee Quilt Kit
Jubilee Quilt Kit


In addition to being able to buy a fat quarter bundle I also have Jubilee quilt kits available in my shop.  The kit comes with the entire Heather's Favorites fat quarter bundle, a printed Jubilee pattern, background fabric and binding fabric.  I would recommend a print from my Road Trip fabric line for the backing, which you can purchase separately in my shop as well.


Heather's Favorites & Road Trip
Heather's Favorites and Road Trip Bundlees

As I mentioned above these colors make it into so many of my designs even into my fabric designs.  I love how my Road Trip bundle compliments the Heather's Favorites bundle.  I think I'm gonna have to make something mixing and matching the two fat quarter bundles.


Heather's Favorites Bundle
Heather's Favorites Bundle
 

I'm so happy with this new bundle and thankful that Paintbrush Studio Fabrics gave me the opportunity to curate a bundle with my favorite colors.  I know this isn't a conventional color bundle but all the colors were chosen to add depth and interest to any quilt.








"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:12-13

Comments

  1. Painter's Palette solids are my absolute favorite brand of solid fabrics. Colors don't run; the hand is great; and the color range is good (but could be added to, in my opinion). I bought 111 yards of Painter's Palette solids in 2020, so I'd say that's proof of my approval! Good for you to get to select a color bundle. You get to do all the fun stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 111 yards! They are the best solids. I just love how they feel.

      Delete
  2. These is a great bundle. It’s perfect for your pattern. I enjoy your blog and really appreciate the bible quotes at the end. They’re very comforting. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margo. I happy to hear the verses have been an encouragement to you. I haven't been able to blog as much this year with prepping my house for sale and moving but now that I'm nearly all settled in my new home I will start blogging again.

      Delete

Post a Comment