New Spoonflower Fabric Line

I began fabric designing about 5 years ago and there have been plenty of ups and downs.  I've been blessed with three fabric collections with Paintbrush Studios, SketchbookRoad Trip and Mod Textures.  I've also invested in offering an exclusive line of basics, Sidekicks, in my shop.  Along with those fabric lines I've had the same number of fabric lines not picked by Paintbrush Studio.  Some of those fabric collection were a little rough but one of them standouts, Landscapes!

 

Landscapes on Spoonflower
Landscapes by Heather Black on Spoonflower.com

 

The Landscapes fabric collection is one of my favorite collections but Paintbrush Studios passed it by, which is fine.  I sat on the collection for many months wondering how I can share it with other people and then I thought of Spoonflower.

 

Landscapes by Heather Black

 

These prints are inspired by an oil painting that I did when I was younger and includes two feature collage prints along with a mix of medium and small blenders.  The prints all have a theme related to the painting.  I love all the designs but the two collages (top middle), topography (bottom middle) and peaks (bottom right) have to be my favorites.

 

Oil Painting by Heather Black

All of these prints can be custom printed on any of the many substrates available at Spoonflower.  Including: quilting cotton, linen, minky, canvas, velvet and more.  They also have a great visualizer so you can see the scalee of each of the prints and the item you are thinking of creating.  Below is the Landscapes Collage as yardage:

 

Spoonflower Yardage

I tried out the peaks print on pillows:

 

Spoonflower Pillows

 And Topography as a throw:


Spoonflower Throw

 

They even have wallpaper! (Pathways was an additional print that I added when I uploaded the designs on Spoonflower):

 

Spoonflower Wallpaper

 

I'm very proud of this fabric collection and happy that I can now share it with other people via Spoonflower's custom printing.  For my first order I got 1 yard printed of each print and can't wait to create with these.  What is really great Spoonflower is currently offering 25% off "almost everything" on their site!!  I hope people will check out my Spoonflower shop and give my Landscapes fabric collection a like.  I also have added a few misc designs that never made it into an entire collection.

 

Labndscapes by Heather Black

 

I'm still submitting fabric designs to Paintbrush Studios and it would be amazing if they continued to pick up half of what I submit but I'm also happy that I now have a way to shine some light on those collections not picked up.









"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.  Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:1-6

Comments

  1. I can't believe it's already been five years since you began designing fabric! Time flies! Your collections are great, and I think it's nice that you can sell your designs through Spoonflower. Though it's expensive, I understand why, and appreciate when there's a sale. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I started designing 5 years ago but my fabric lines only came out in 2020. February will mark 2 years since my first line was picked up. It took a bit of courage to start submitting them to companies, about 2 1/2 years worth of courage, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment