New Fabric Line - Mod Textures!!

I can't believe that my third fabric collection for Paintbrush Studios is finally available.  Mod Textures has 24 prints, 12 warm and 12 cool and 6 unique designs.  This collection is perfect for adding subtle texture and interest to any project and the two colorways will blend effortlessly with other fabrics.

 

Mod Textures

The Mod Texture prints vary in density, size and value but this fabric collection didn't start as a monotone collection.  I original had a color palette close to my Sidekicks palette but after working with Paintbrush Studio we came up with a warm and cool colorway for the line and I couldn't be happier!

 

Mod Hexies Quilt


These prints can play a supporting role in your project or become the main feature.  They can be the foundation of a great design or the spice up what is already there.  I love how the Mod Texture prints are so versatile.


Mod Hexies Quilt Kit


I mixed the Mod Textures with my Sidekicks fabric line to create a Mod Hexies quilt kit using both fabrics.  This quilt was a surprise.  When I designed this quilt I was picturing it with bright colors and neutrals but when I decided to mix the two fabric lines it change the entire look.  The low volume fabrics build off of each other add a ton of texture and interest without complicating the quilt design.  



I have a couple more sample quilts to make for Mod Textures, Mixed Metals and Mod Cabins, but I wanted to get the two free patterns, Mod Hexies and Crosswalks, completed first so I could share the links to the free patterns on pbsfabrics.com.



 

The version of Crosswalks that I made was in the cool colorway and instead of the rainbow solids I used a bright yellow green found in my Sketchbook and Road Trip fabric collections.  Crosswalks is a much more traditional quilt that combines two different blocks to make a Kaleidoscope of patterns and secondary patterns with the Mod Texture prints.


Crosswalks

This quilt is a different style for me but I couldn't be more pleased with the quilt.  What really draws me in, is the way the varying grey prints add so much movement to the design.  The slight color changes carry your eye through the different "crosswalks" in the quilt and yellow green jumps off of the greys.


Crosswalks

 

I hope you've enjoined taking a look at my new Mod Textures fabric lines and the two quilts that I've made so far with them.  I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to work with Paintbrush Studios and look forward to partnering with them in the future, wink, wink.




"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.


The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
"  John 1:1-5, 9-14



Comments

  1. I love these neutrals, especially in the white hues. I haven't seen such a nice low volume collection in a very long time. I hope it sells well for you! And I agree that your Crosswalks pattern, in the grays with that pop of neon yellow, is wonderful! It's a very effective design in those fabrics. You did a great job designing this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda!! I've really enjoyed making these quilts and and I hope that they do well too.

      Delete
  2. I love your patterns and color choices. I was wondering where can I sight up for your quilt along, with Spoonflower? Thanks Corinne Steffke@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne! Here is the link to the quilt along: https://www.quiltingdaily.com/urbantrekquiltalongsignup/

      Delete

Post a Comment