New Quilt Pattern - Holiday Cheer!

I have a new quilt and pdf quilt pattern/kit to share just in time for Christmas.  My Holiday Cheer quilt!  In celebration of this timely quilt release I'm offering 20% off all regularly priced patterns with code: PATTERN20

 

I'm excited to share that Holiday Cheer is my first Christmas quilt!  I designed it to last long after Christmas and through the whole holiday season with an updated color palette and modern traditional design.  I also have a Holiday Cheer quilt kit available featuring Painter's Palette Solids by PBS Fabrics.


 

As I was piecing this quilt I began thinking of the quilting.  I knew I wanted some swirly design for the background.  I also knew I did not have the skill to do that on my own so I looked through the vast Gammill quilting store and found the perfect background by Wildflower Quilting - Karen Farnsworth.

 

 

After the background was picked I designed a different motifs for each color in the quilt and used it in the corresponding parallelogram making up the stars.  After all that I decided to leave the navy and white snowflakes unquilted.  I think by leaving them it adds depth and helps the white stand out from the dark cream/light tan background.



After all the piecing, quilting and binding it was time to take pictures.  I'm very thankful for my rental house but it is difficult to find new and unique places to take pictures.  Don't be surprised if you see this fence again.  I also froze my fingers taking this pictures but it was fun staging a Christmas quilt among the cedars and snow.


Lastly, I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season and this precious time among family, friends and of giving thanks to God for the gift of a Savior. 

 

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 9:6-7

Comments