Modern by the Yard Cover

Image
At the beginning of the year I had several deadlines, four in fact all due before QuiltCon in February, and now that the latest issue of Modern by the Yard e-zine is out I can finally share my Follow the Leader quilt!!

Click HERE for the free pattern/e-zine

My Follow the Leader quilt features Christa Watson's newest fabric line with Benartex Contempo Studio, Abstract Garden.  I love Christa's playful prints and that each of her lines coordinate with the other previous lines.  The background on this quilt are grey prints from her Fandangle fabric collection.


This design is fat quarter friendly and is 100% compatible with one of my favorite templates, the Tri-Rec tool!  I wish I would have remembered to take more pictures before sending the quilt to Benartex.  I did manage to get a quick shot of the quilt top.  I can't help but smile when I see all those bright cheerful colors.

I hope you will take a moment and check out the latest issue of Modern by the Yard.  It's comp…

Busy Busy Busy

I had a very productive week.  I finished my Michael Miller challenge quilt for Quiltcon 2016.  I've already entered three quilts, fingers crossed, and will be entering this one as well.  I didn't realize that I had confirmed delivery of the challenge fabrics so it was a surprise when I got them and then realized I had to design a quilt for submission.  Here's a sneak peek:

Michael Miller challenge quilt
My fabulous niece, who's a great photographer, said she'd help me with some entry pictures.

I also sandwiched my daughter's retro TV quilt.  I find that my quilt 'bottle neck' is often sandwiching.  I have one window to sandwich a quilt and it's when I'm home with free time and my daughter is sleeping, not all that frequent.

Retro TV quilt (redo)

I've loved Melody Miller's fabric designs for years and was so excited to be able to use her viewfinder print from her Playful line for this backing.  The theme was perfect.  The fabric I used for the TV screens is another Cotton and Steel fabric line.

Finally, I finished making the blocks for the Jacob's ladder charity quilt and began piecing the rows.  I decided to go row by row instead of making all the rows at once then sewing the rows together so I didn't mess up the pattern.


 

I'm very happy to have gotten so much done in one week that probably means I'll get close to nothing done this coming week.

Comments