"What... wait, I think I just got a quilt in Quiltcon."

Those were the first words out of my mouth when I received one of two acceptance letters from the MQG in my inbox today.


I am completely surprised and thrilled and excited and shocked!  Two of the three original quilts I entered in to Quiltcon West 2016 were accepted into the show!!  The lucky quilts are:

Summer Sunset

Changing Hexies

I want to give a big thanks to Jennifer from Simply Imagined Photography for taking such beautiful pictures of my quilts I know it helped in the selection process.

Let us not forget Canoe Paddles.  Unfortunately, Canoe Paddles was not selected even though it is the nearest and dearest to my heart.  In addition to my original three entries I also entered a quilt for the Michael Miller fabric challenge and two other quilts since I had two more entry spots to fill, Paris Medallion and Chest of Drawers, none of which were accepted.  That said I am overjoyed to have any quilts accepted at all.

My head is still in a whirl over the two entries and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.



Comments

Post a Comment