Where are the Quilts?

I promise I've been working on quilts but I definitely haven't had anything to show for it.  It's been an incredibly busy time of year for me.  I've been wrapping up my work at my old job and trying to juggle a new schedule with getting quilting done.  It hasn't been easy.  Fortunately, I found time to do this quarter's Curated Quilts mini challenge.

Curated Quilts Mini Challenge - Triangles

The challenge was to use a specific color palette and triangles.  I don't mind triangles, I don't use them often, but these little two inch triangles were too much fun.  I haven't had a chance to name my mini but it kind of reminds me of triangles all sitting in a bookcase, hmm.


The gals at Curated Quilts do an amazing job selecting color palettes and themes.  I really enjoy participating in the challenges.

Speaking of challenging, I'm taking part in a quilting bee this year, #beeinspired2018.  There are some really talented ladies in our group and our first prompt from Kathryn, @kupitis, was so intriguing and so hard, for me.


Kathryn challenged us to use improv piecing and make two blocks.  Her theme was the way light comes in cracks.  I have a really hard time with improv and my brain and I have a hard time with cool blues so it was extremely difficult for me to get past those two hurdles.  In the end I decided to go back to my roots to stabilize my thoughts, oil painting landscapes.  That definitely helped and from there I came up the a theme, sunrise and sunset.  (No I haven't been watching Fiddler on the Roof but now that I think about it I may have to sneak a viewing in while sewing.)  I can't wait to see what Kathryn does with all the blocks.

If you're interested in following along with the prompts or checking out the other members of the bee here's a list of their Instagram handles:

@godshomemovies
@twiggyandopal
@artandstole
@kupitis
@ccpquilt
@pappersaxsten
@stuartmoorestextiles
@quiltachusetts

Christine, @ccpquilt, is next up and I gave us another amazing prompt so I'm going to have to carve out some time for that soon.

For the record I have finished 3 lap size quilts, two of which I can share at this point and one I already posted about, and two mini quilts.  I know my schedule will balance out soon but for right now I feel like I'm running behind.











"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Comments