Sparrows At Play

I know I always "I'm excited to...," but I really am excited to share my Sparrows at Play quilt!

Sparrows At Play Quilt

My Sparrow block is also June's Modern Quilt Guild Block Study!!  MQG members will have access to multiple layouts, templates and construction details for this block.  As the name suggests, the inspiration for this block came from the silhouette of a sparrow.


I continued the sparrow theme to the quilting and and decided to crisscross 1/2" horizontal lines to mimic the way sparrows interact with each other in flight.




This was the second time that I have used wool batting in a quilt.  I do like wool but I think I'm going to try a cotton-wool blend next.  I never thought about experimenting with batting until I got my longarm.  I can say I do not like cotton-poly blend and that is one of the reasons I tried wool.  In the end I'll probably end up sticking with cotton but it's been interesting seeing how changing the batting changes the quilting.


My dog, Anne, kept popping in and out of my photo shoot.  She loves running around the bottom of evergreens to get in a good scratch and she usually smells pretty good afterwards too.


I would also like to share that my Misprint quilt is featured in an article about QuiltCon 2018 in the most current issue of Simply Moderne!










“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"  Matthew 6:25-27

Comments