Quilt Show Season

I know there is no official "quilt show season" but if I were to pick one it would be Fall.  Every time this year I'm at the shipper sending out quilts to various shows around the country or frequently online entering quilts here and there.  I've compiled a list of shows that I will have quilts in this Autumn.

QuiltCon 2018; Misprint & Lemon Drops
  • Spokane Interstate Fair, Spokane Valley, WA - September 7th - 16th
    • Diamonds On Display
    • Lost In Oz
  • AQS Fall Quilt Week, Paducah, KY - September 12th -15th
    • Citrus Play
    • Positive Illuminations
  • MQX Midwest Quilt Show, Springfield, IL - September 19th - 22nd
    • Stratagem
  • Northwest Quilting Expo, Portland, OR - September 27th - 29th
    • Pickle Knots
    • Sparrows At Play
  •  Quilts and Fiber Arts Expo, Everette, WA - October 12th - 14th
    • Faux Hare Fair
    • Misprint
  • Washington State Quilters Show, Spokane Valley, WA - October 19th -21st
    • More Stop Than Go
    • Lilium
    • Diamonds On Display
    • The Cool Kids
    • Positive Illuminations 2.0
  • International Quilt Festival, Houston, TX, - November 8th -11th
    • Fringe Area
I'm so honored to have quilts in all these shows.  Each show is unique in it's own way and all are great showcases for amazing quilts and quilters.

I'm also very honored to share that my Urban Trek quilt will be included in a new book, Modern Patchwork Home, Dynamic Quilts & Projects For Every Room.  The book is now available as an ebook and hard copy pre-order




As many of you know Curated Quilts (@curatedquilts) is a coffee table magazine featuring beautiful quilt and great creative articles.  Curated Quilts also holds a quarterly mini quilt challenge.  This quarter the mini quilt theme was "house" and featured another gorgeous color palette.  I really enjoy participating in these challenges, I haven't missed one, but I was worried this would be the first challenge that I'd be unable to produce a mini becuase I was stumped by the word HOUSE.  Fortunately I found a way to work through my creative block by not taking the word house literally.


My  first attempt I decided to improv piece my mini and to use a variety of prints.

Chaotic House

I wasn't 100% pleased with the look of the mini so I made another mini using straight piecing.

Ordered House

After finishing both pieces I think I prefer the Ordered House.  This is a perfect example of why I love the Curated Quilts Mini Challenge, they're challenging.  I always grow creatively by completing the challenge.  The house challenge is now closed but there should be another mini challenge announced in a month or so.


Finally, since launching my blog I often get asked if I'm from Massachusetts.  In the past my short answer was "no" and the long answer was "no, but I chose the name because my late husband, who was from the Philadelphia area, called my sewing room and sewing activities "Quilt-achusetts."  All of that is true but I can now add that I do have a tie to Massachusetts.  I am a direct descendant of Nathaniel Ball.  That name may not mean much to the masses, no pun intended, but Nathaniel Ball arrived in "America" in 1625 and more specifically settled in what later came known as... Concord, Massachusetts.  There is an entire Nathaniel Ball Project and Nathaniel Ball and his son were the original owners of Wayside.  Wayside is a historical home that is now a national park!  In the end Quiltachusetts is connected to Massachusetts even though I never imagined I would be so directly connected to the first settlers of the state.








"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God."  
2 Tim 1:6-8

Comments