Simply Moderne No. 15

While at QuiltCon this year I met with Quiltmania's Director of Publication, Carol, and we discussed having a quilt or two published in Simply Moderne quilt magazine.  I was overjoyed to have this opportunity to have my Mountain Scene quilt published in the Winter issue and earlier this week I found out Mountain Scene is also on the cover!!

Simply Moderne - Mountain Scene

The Winter issue of Simply Moderne will first be available at Houston Quilt Festival and later on the Quiltmania website.  If you are going to be attending Quilt Market and the Show please stop by the Quiltmania booth and pick up the Winter issue and maybe get a look at my quilt!

Mountian Scene

Mountain Scene is a great geometric design and very versatile.  Heather Givens has a quilt kit available in her shop, Crimson Tate, featuring her own Night Hike fabric collection.

Mountain Scene - Night Hike Quilt Kit

The pattern isn't included in the fabric kit so picking up an issue of Simply Moderne is a great way to purchase a pattern with all the extra quilty goodness in the magazine


Mountain Scene Pattern
You can also purchase just the pattern directly from my Etsy shop.  In the next year I will be reworking many of my original patterns and adding new patterns to my Esty shop so keep an eye out for those updates and patterns!


Mountain Scene

Mountain Scene has hung in various shows including QuiltCon2017 and Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  My inspiration for this quilt was my love of landscape oil painting and the pacific northwest.  It was definitely fun taking my two creative outlets and creating a quilt.

On a side note, my Fringe Area quilt will definitely be at Houston Quilt Festival in the Modern Quilt Guild showcase and even though I won't be at the show or Quilt Market I'm hoping to catch a peek via Instagram.  Houston Quilt Festival is the last show I have quilts in this year.

Fringe Area
I also want to thank everyone for joining me on my quilting journey I'm excited to say this is my 100th post!  I never would have thought I'd be here when I made that first post.













"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Phil 4:6-7

Comments