Aurifil Artisan

A friend of mine wrote me and asked if I was applying to be an Aurifil Artisan and at that point I had no idea they were accepting applications of how it all work so I got the link from her, thank you Daisy ( @warmfolk ), and applied.   I love Aurifil thread and use it for all my piecing and quilting.  After a few weeks of nail biting waiting I found out I was chosen to be an Aurifil Artisan!

Aurifil Artisan

I'm super excited to take part in the Artisan program.  Aurifil has a bunch in store for us including monthly challenges.  The announcement is also perfect timing to share my Coral Commotion quilt.

Coral Commotion


For this quilt I used a mix of Aurifil thread weights, mainly because I was raiding my stash and the number one priority was matching color.  My favorite weight to use on my longarm is Aurifil 40wt3ply, Aurifil's thread made just for longarms.  If I need a specific color I like to use 28wt with my longarm.  Most frequently I'm quilting straight lines and both the 40wt3ply and the 28wt perform the best for that type of quilting.

Coral Commotion

I designed this top as a Honest Fabric contributor and this top is available for purchase at www.honestfabric.com in five different colorways.  I love quilting on these tops and even tried out some free motion quilting in the green.  It was scary but I'd recently been asked to review a book for my friend, Mitzie Schafer ( @jitterwings ), and one of the things she talks about in the book, Improve You Practice, is how to prepare mentally for quilting and I found myself implementing her suggestions as I quilted and it really helped me enjoy it.

Improve Your Practice by Mitzie Schafer

I'm really looking forward to sharing more about Aurifil and even my Coral Commotion quilt but in the mean time I hope you check out Aurifil thread, Mitzie's book and even Honest Fabric.











"Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."  Col 4:5-6

Comments