It Never Rains but It Pours Quilt News

There's been no end to the quilt news coming in this week, a new quilt along, quilt show acceptance, a magazine feature.  So much to share so I'm just going to jump in.



I'm teaming up with my good friend Christa Watson, christaquilts.com, to host a quilt along starting in September.  I designed the Infrastructure quilt for Christa's new fabric line Geo Pop and am so excited to be working with Christa again.  I'll be making a version of the quilt in the new Benartex Superior Solids and Christa will be using her fabrics.  

If you're interested in getting a head start Christa has kits available on her website and we both have patterns available for sale in our shops.  There will be more information about the quilt along and the fabulous giveaway as we get closer to September.

Infrastructure

Next up I have some quilt show news.  Earlier this week I found out that my quilt, Banner Day, will be part of the 2019 Modern Quilt Guild Showcase at the International Quilt Festival in Houston this fall.

Banner Day

I also found out that Swatches was not selected to be in the showcase but I am thrilled to have Banner Day selected.  Banner Day makes the fifth quilt I've had included in the showcase, which is such an honor.

Swatches

The notifications for the International Quilt Festival judge show were posted this morning and I was blown away to find that both of my quilts, Urban Trek and Why Knot, were juried into the show.



I've never entered in this show so I didn't know what to expect but am beyond thrilled to have two quilts in the show.  I am also going to Quilt Market and since I'm going to check things out I'll have plenty of time to preview the show and get pictures of my three quilts.


https://www.makemodern.com.au/issue29?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Issue+29+published+for+subs&utm_content=Issue+29+published+for+subs+CID_28f35e3224bb07173bd851c33060be08&utm_source=Campaign+Monitor+Newsletters


Finally, I have a quilt featured in the current issue of Make Modern Magazine.  There is a great article featuring transparency quilts and Make Modern included my Optics quilt as an example, very exciting!  I hope you will check out the magazine.

Optics




"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

Comments

  1. Congratulations on all your achievements ! The acceptance of your quilts in the shows are so well deserved. I hope they do well for you. I subscribe to Make Modern because it is one of the few modern quilt publications left. I am very pleased that they have published one of your quilts. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done and please continue designing your beautiful quilts !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivian! It's definitely been a busy week. Next week should be less eventful but I do find out at the end of the week if Colonnade is a semi-finalist at AQS Fall Paducah, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on all the good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I'm curious to see the judges notes from IQF, hopefully the give them. The best part of entering quilt shows is the constructive feedback.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on all the entries. I can't wait to host the quilt along with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christa, it's been a full week for sure. I'm super grateful for the opportunity to host with you too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment