Wholecloth Mini

Earlier in August I received some fabric and matching thread for this month's Aurifil Artisans challenge.   The fabric is from Painter Palette Solids 2019 trending colors, I received Wisteria, and a match 28 wt Aurifil thread and 40 wt in my bobbin.



I didn't get my project completed on time because of some issues I was having with my longarm, all user error, but about at the beginning of the week I got my machine tuned up and I quickly finished up a project I had already loaded and started working on my wholecloth mini.



I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I first got the fabric but with fall approaching I decided to quilt a block from my Trellis quilt.  I love the look of this block and the leaf motif it makes.

I love using Aurifil thread in my longarm, the texture and sheen are perfect for a wholecloth project. Most the time I use Aurifil forty3 (40 wt 3 ply) but for more specific colors I switch to the 28 wt.




To finish up the mini I bound it with another Painter Palette Solid I had in my stash in a lighter purple, it might be Thistle. I had a great time working on this project I'm really looking forward to the next Aurifil Artisan challenge in October, I'm also looking forward to the start of the school year and so is CoraJoan.










"Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come— 23 that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles." Acts 26:22-23

Comments

  1. I love your wholecloth quilt! Exquisite quilting. Adorable photo of your daughter also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice!! CoraJoan is a good girl I think I've been more worried about her first day than her.

      Delete
  2. SO admire your quilting! Hope CoraJoan has a terrific school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thannks Debbie!! It's been a crazy week getting everything ready for the first full day but she's been at school 4 hours now and no calls, whew!

      Delete

Post a Comment