Prevailing Winds from Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes

The next quilt I'd like to share from Daisy and my book, Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes, is my Prevailing Winds quilt.  Just as the name suggests, this quilt is inspired by weather maps that show the movement of high and low pressure systems.  It's definitely not a literal translation of the map but I wanted to the feeling of changing directions.

Prevailing Winds

This is a great design if you're just starting our working with curves and stripes. Since the stripe convex pieces are always changing direction you don't have to line up.

Prevailing Winds


Just like all the designs in the book there are options for a printed stripe version, above, or a pieced stripe version, below:

Prevailing Winds

I love how prints change a quilt.  The pieced stripe version has great movement and depth.  I also like the clean lines and defined shapes of the printed stripe version.

Prevailing Winds

 For the quilting I decided to do straight lines that transitions into messing circles.  I also quilted the background with diagonal lines to add even more motion.  I really like the the swirling and whirling of the quilting and it adds to the design theme.

Modern Curves & Bold Stripes

I'm really excited to share that Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs recently wrote a review of Daisy and my book on her blog.  I hope you will click over to her blog and check out the review.

 Meadow Mist Designs
Meadow Mist Designs

Cheryl is an author, herself and has a great book with her co-author Paige on quilts featuring modern plus blocks, Modern Plus Sign Quilts.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/584477239/modern-plus-sign-quilts-book-signed?ref=listing_published_alert











"For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." Psalm 86:5

Comments

  1. I was so excited to order this book from you!! I can't wait to get my fabrics collected and start creating new quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment