Come Quilt With Me - Empty Spools Seminars

As many of you know, I often teach for guilds and at quilt shows but in addition to those teaching opportunities I am also teaching Dynamic Designs: Multi Layer Curve Piecing at Empty Spools Seminars February 27 - March 4, 2022!!

 

 
Empty Spools' quilt retreats take place at the Asilomar Conference Grounds.  Located near Pacific Grove, CA, Asilomar Conference Grounds are known as the Monterey's Peninsula's "Refuge by the Sea," and a beautiful backdrop to meet fellow quilters and sew!



This unique 6-day retreat offers students a chance to deep dive into a project and technique while spending time each day with the same instructor!  After each day in class, learning and creating, you'll have an opportunity to explore the beautiful grounds or catch a shuttle to the quilt shop.



In my class I will go over curve piecing 101 including essential techniques for successfully cutting, sewing and experimenting with curves.  As the week progresses there will be new techniques introduced with time to practice and experiment with your new skills as well time to work on your very own Trellis quilt, one of my most popular patterns!

 

 

During the week I will share tips and tricks for working with curves and stripes and how to customize your own quilts by layer piecing techniques within each curve.



There will even be time to play with improv curve piecing!  I'll be demonstrating how to improv simple curves, mixing improv with straight piecing and finally piecing layered improv pieced units into improv curves.  For a better idea of what will be need for the course I've added the supply list below.

 


I hope that many of you will have the opportunity to come join me at Empty Spools in 2022.  Spaces are filling up but there is still time to sign up and register for Session I, Dynamic Designs: Multi Layer Curve Piecing February 27 - March 4, 2022.  Be sure to check out the Empty Spools website and download the registration form by clicking here.




"O God, You are my God;  Early will I seek You;  My soul thirsts for You;  My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.  So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory.  Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.  Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.  My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips."  Psalm 63:1-5

Comments