Geo Collage Quilt Pattern

Another new quilt pattern!  Fall is right around the corner, thankfully, and I can't help but feel the fall influences in my Geo Collage Quilt!



 

My inspiration for this quilt came from a fabric line, Paintbrush Studio's Rainbow Dust by Kate x Kasey.  When I saw this fabric line I was instantly drawn to the terrazzo prints in soft modern colors.  The prints come in two sizes and 11 colors.



 

I chose a size for this quilt that would be perfect for a wall hanging, baby blanket or lap quilt.  The 40'' x 50'' is great for a wall hanging because it isn't an overwhelming size so it's great when wall space is limited.  It's also good for baby blankets fitting most cribs and small enough to keep in a car for the car seat or stroller and not to mention great for throwing on your lap while sitting at a desk or watching a movie.

 


 

I picked the title for this quilt right away, Geo Collage, because it served as a double meaning.  First because it is literally a collage of geometric shapes and secondly the terrazzo prints made me think of rocks, rock tumbling and geology.  It was the second meaning that I decided to accentuate in my quilting.

 


I designed a crystal cluster for the quarter circle and quilted facets on the aqua bars, they reminded me of aquamarines, and facets on the periwinkle triangles.  I kept the background simple to help the shapes standout and add more depth.

 


I ended up with enough left over fabric after piecing my Geo Collage top that I used it to piece the back.  I'm really pleased with the back and love how it showcases the colors in the fabric line.  My daughter did a great job showing off the back!



Not only did I finish a new quilt but it is available as a print and digital pattern in my shop, quiltachusetts.com.  I'm working on adding new patterns all the time and am happy to include Geo Collage in my shop.  I'm really pleased with this quilt and do do many patterns this size but I like the option of being able to make something smaller, especially if you need a quick gift or want to change out your decor.





"O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth, who have set Your glory above the heavens!  When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor."
Psalm 8:1, 3-5

Comments

Post a Comment