Citrus Play Quilt Pattern Now Available

This past fall Curated Quilts, a quarterly magazine, posted submission guidelines for their second issue with a log cabin theme.  I don't typically work with log cabin blocks but since I had such a great time designing an entry for the Curated Quilt mini challenge I thought I'd challenge myself to design a modern log cabin baby quilt, 40" x 50".

Citrus Play
I knew right off I wanted to mix an organic black and white stripe with the crispness of solids.  I'm still in love with yellow so I chose a retro color palette.



When I started planing out a quilting design I wanted to keep it very "mod" and at the same time I didn't want it to distract from the structure of the log cabin blocks.  In the end I quilted a tumbler-esq shape for the background singling out a few areas to fill in with quilting completely and a point to point pattern for the log cabins.

Citrus Play

I couldn't be more thrilled to have this quilt included Curated Quilts' second issue.  If you haven't gotten your hands on a copy of either they first or second issue I highly recommend it.  The photography is beautiful, the gallery of quilts is amazing and there are great articles related to quilting as a creative outlet and art, including a very interesting article by Debbie Jeske, A Quilter's Table, with tips on how to bring that spark back to your creativity.



















"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" 1 Cor 1:18

Comments