Happy New Year!

Let's start the year off with some exciting news!  Here is my Moments quilt designed for Robert Kaufman's new fabric line from Emmie K, Lou Lou.

Moments Quilt

Following Quilt Market I was contacted by a Robert Kaufman representative and asked if I would be interested in designing a quilt for a new fabric line.  I couldn't believe it.  I even had a friend read the email just to make sure I'd read it right.  It turns out that Emmie K is a fan of my Clambake quilt and thought that design would work well with her new line which is so cool because I'd been a fan of her Geo Pop canvas I & II.

Moments Qult

I just love the prints in the line.  The colors are so great and I love the how versatile all the prints are.  I'm especially loving those multi-colored pluses on off white, don't be surprised to see those popping up in my designs this year.

Moments Quilt

I had some Robert Kaufman grey chambray with neon flecks that I used for the backing.  The chambray is beautiful but presented some issue while quilting.  It shifted quite a bit which lead to some surface distortion on my quilt top but it all came together in the end.  I used a combination of 1/4" and 1/2" lines to create background texture and only minimally quilted the warmer tones in the quilts to create dimension.  I don't work too often with low volume designs but I couldn't be happier with how this quilt came together from start to finish.

Moments Quilt - back

The fabric and free pattern will be available in July 2018 and I really hope it does well for Robert Kaufman and Emmie K.  More details on the fabric line and my pattern are available on Robert Kaufman's website.

http://www.robertkaufman.com/quilting/quilts_patterns/moments/
Moments Quilt Free Pattern

I have to admit this is a pretty exciting start to the year and I hope it is a foreshadowing of how great 2018 will be!!

On a side note I wanted to share my Curated Quilts Issue 3 mini quilt challenge submission.  The theme for this challenge was minimalism and I was surprised that I struggled a bit coming up with a design.  In the end I settled on a simple broken horizontal line.  The design looks a bit like typewriter ribbon and the overall feel is a little 1982.  My last mini wasn't chosen so it'll be interesting to see what happens with this submission.

Typewriter Ribbon










"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Cor 5:17

Comments

  1. I purchased a Moments kit at my LQS — it’s gorgeous! But do you have any hints for squaring up the blocks, or the units that make up each block? When I square them up, they don’t line up with each other because the curved seams, especially in the double drunkard’s path blocks, are never in quite the same place from block to block. Do I need a special ruler?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment