Trellis Quilt: : My Gammill Makes Me Look Good

My Trellis quilt top arrived from Honest Fabric and it moved right to the top of my quilty queue.

Trellis Quilt

The print quality is fantastic and even though I was a little uncertain about working with a synthetic I really enjoyed how easy it quilted up.

Trellis Quilt - Quilting

I'm getting to know my Gammill more and more and designed the most of this quilt using Gammill's Creative Studio (I got the pebbles from the Gammill library and used my friend Christine's (@ccpquilt) Iris motif for the arches.

Creative Studio

I'm really please with the finished quilt and am thinking about entering it in a show.  I've never entered a wholecloth quilt so it'll be new territory for me.

Trellis Quilt

I've already ordered my second quilt top from Honest Fabric, Gridwork, and can't wait to work on that one too.  I'm taking some free motion quilting classes at QuiltCon in February and think the printed grid will be a great way to practice.

Gridwork

I've also designed and added another quilt top for purchase, Coral Commotion.  I'm hoping to order this top and submit it to the Pantone Quilt Challenge this year.  I may also do a pieced top in a different design as well.




This is inspired by the Pantone Color of the Year - Living Coral and has a similar color palette to my Clambake quilt.  I've also created the design in four more colorways.


Aqua, Violet, Green and Pink Commotion colorways
When I submitted the files I left them in CMYK which is great for printing but not so great for viewing on the Internet.  I've resubmitted the files in RGB and the colors on the website should be the same as these soon.  If you're thinking of ordering one of the Commotion quilts I would wait until they new files are posted in a week or so, just in case.

I've already started entering quilts for 2019 quilt shows and found out just a couple weeks ago that my Diamonds on Display and Clockworks quilts were accepted into Road To California.

Diamonds on Display and Colockworks

I wasn't pleased with the binding on Diamonds on Display so I replaced it.  It took almost two hours to remove the old binding but it needed to go before the show.



I've never participated in Road to California show and I look forward to seeing the judges notes as usual.  I'm also waiting to hear about my QuiltCon entries.  Historically, notifications have gone out about now so hopefully soon!












"A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.  And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.  For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” Isaiah 40:3-5

Comments

Post a Comment