QuiltCon 2019

I finally know what quilts will be at QuiltCon 2019 in Nashville and which one will not be.  I entered a total of 5 quilts and 4 of them were accepted: Lilium, Fringe Area, Pickle Knots and a secret sew project.

Top Left: Lilium, Top Right: Fringe Area, Bottom Left: Pickle Knots, Bottom Right: it's a secret

I had one quilt not accepted into the show, Stratagem.  Poor Stratagem, it didn't get into the MQG Showcase so this really wasn't a surprise but I'm not giving up on it and I have already entered it in another quilt show. MQX - New England.

Stratagem

This means I will have 4 quilts in the show eligible for awards.  As usual I can't remember what categories I entered in but I do know Pickle Knots was submitted as part of the APQ Two Color Quilt Challenge.  Along with these 4 quilts I will also have 2 quilts not eligible for awards at the show in the Quilt of the Month Showcase: Positive Illuminations and Jawbreakers.

Left: Positive Illuminations (Feburary 2018), Right: Jawbreakers (September 2018)

QuiltCon notification day is always a busy day for the modern quilting community, especially on Instagram, as people share pictures of their juried and not juried quilts.  If you're interested in getting a sneak peek of the show and a glimpse or of all the entries check out the hashtags #quiltcon and #quiltconreject.

Again, if anyone has ever thought about entering a quilt in a show I'd like to encourage them to in 2019!  Not every quilt will get juried into a show, I've had plenty not accepted, and even for QuiltCon only 400 of the 1750 entries were accepted but you can never tell what a jury will decide.  I know of several quilts that didn't get into QuiltCon last year that did this year.  I think the most important thing is to choose the right venue and/or category for your quilt.  This will increase your chances of having a quilt accepted.

Finally, if you've made it to the end of this post I have a HUGE tease for you, I will have another QuiltCon announcement in a couple more months but for now it's a super secret!  I'm really excited about this project and just as soon as I can I will share it on my blog but for now mums the word, unfortunately.













Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago)" Luke 1:68-70

Comments