Aurora from Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes

Out today my friend Jenny Haynes, Papper Sax Sten, has posted a review of Daisy and my book Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes!  I love seeing all the reviews and reading the different things people got out of exploring the book.  In the spirit of Jenny's review I thought it would be the perfect time to share my Aurora quilt from the book.

Aurora Quilt

Jenny makes some fabulous Double Drunkard's Path Templates and I have been using them for years, for example my Clambake quilt.  I really like the size and Jenny's squaring up template included in the set.

 


Several of the patterns in Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes are compatible with Jenny's templates, remember if you're using the templates to add some extra yardage to account for the trimming/squaring.
Aurora Quilt

Aurora was inspired by a sunrise so I wanted to keep the colors on the cooler side and less saturated than a quilt inspired by a sunset.  Just like all my designs in the book there are alternative instructions and fabric requirements to make Aurora with a printed stripe instead of pieced stripes.

Aurora Alternative Quilt


The alternative version I made using the fabric's pattern repeat as a stripe and I added quilting designs in rows.  I couldn't help but think of ginger bread while making the alternative version and I have a blast doing the quilting.

https://quiltachusetts.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpre-order-quilt-modern-curves-and-bold-stripes


I hope you will check out Jenny's review and don't forget that if you purchase a book from my website or Etsy shop I will send you a signed copy.  QuiltCon is next week so orders won't be going out until after I return at the end of the month.







"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.  All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.  Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.  But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.  No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:1-6

Comments

  1. Hello!
    Could you please provide the brand and the name of the fabric that you are using for the "striped part" of the "Aurora Alternative Quilt"? I have the book, which I love, and I like this version of the Aurora better than the other. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. cool company names

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Chicwish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment