QuiltCon Magazine COVER QUILT!

Now that QuiltCon is finally here I can share that not only did I get a design accepted into QuiltCon Magazine and consequently QuiltCon but it also made it's way onto the cover!  The hardcopies are just hitting shops and the digital version is now available on the Quilting Daily website.

https://www.quiltingdaily.com/product/quiltcon-magazine-2020-digital-issue/
2020 QuiltCon Magazine - Cover Quilt by Heather Black

When I designed this quilt my goal was to design a modern quilt with curves and stripes but have it completely different than the quilts in Daisy and my book, Quilt Modern Curves & Bold Stripes.  I wasn't planning on submitting it to QuiltCon Magazine but when I saw they were looking for submissions I sent in my email with a mock up of the design and crossed my fingers.  I wasn't sure that this simple design was what they were looking for.

Test Print Quilt - QuiltCon Magazine 2020

The first design was all in black and white but when I saw the stripe it reminded me of a printer cleaning or test page so I decided to all the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow accents.  I also "folded" the upper right and lower right corners in to make it look even more like a printer page.

Test Print Quilt
When I got to the quilting stage I stuck with the paper theme and designed the quilting to mimic the look of paper under a microscope, or at least what I imagined it would look like I didn't do any actually research on paper under the microscope.   To me I saw microscopic plant fibers all smashed together into flat layers.

Test Print Quilting Detail

If you're interested in learning more about QuiltCon but can't make it to the show QuiltCon Magazine is a great resource.  Quilting Daily has also posted some magazine sneak peeks to take a look at.  Many of my quilt friends have work in the magazine as well including my co-author Daisy!
 


With QuiltCon here I thought it would be fun to show a collage of all the quilts I've had in the show from 2016 to 2020.

QuiltCon Quilts 2016 - 2020










"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:38-39

Comments

  1. Love your quilt and the quilting!! Congratulations on being a cover girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment