QuiltCon Notifications

Right before I headed to bed last night I got a text from my friend asking if I saw the QuiltCon notification emails.  I immediately dropped what I was doing and scoured my emails, I'd forgotten that I'd used a different emails for some of the entries than I usually use.  On top of that all the acceptance emails went to the junk mail box, I think it was the email server's idea of a cruel joke.

QuiltCon Entry Outcome

In the end I had 5 quilts accepted into the show (Road Trip, Swatches, Banner Day, Festoons and my QuiltCon magazine entry), 1 that will be in the Quilt of the Month showcase (Petal Patch) and 3 that are not headed to QuiltCon (Sunset Horizons, Trellis, Palm Fronds).  I was a bit surprised that Festoons was chosen.  In my opinion this was my least modern quilt of the bunch.  I'm also so relieved/thrilled that both Road Trip and Swatches we accepted. These are two of my favorite makes this year.

Quilts Going to QuiltCon


I also have to admit that I was surprised that Palm Fronds and Sunset Horizons were not chosen over some of my other quilts, like Festoons.  I pretty relieved that Trellis wasn't accepted.  I haven't seen too many pannel quilts at QuiltCon and I don't know how it would have been received.

Quilts NOT going to QuiltCon

It's a huge honor to have any quilts in the show and I want to take a minute to applaud everyone who entered quilts in the show.  No matter if your quilt is going to QuiltCon or not it can be scary to put your work out there to be evaluated and you should be proud of yourself for entering.  I also want to congratulate all those with quilts headed to the show.  This is one of the more difficult shows to get submissions into and the competition is fierce; it's really is an amazing accomplishment, and a very humbling one at the same time.











Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

Comments

  1. Fun to read about your 'ins' and 'outs'.....beautiful quilts, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really interesting to see what quilts get in and which don't. I know the jury works hard to be fair and I can imagine how hard their job must be.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your accepted entries!! There is just no way of knowing what will make the acceptance entry to a show is there ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't. Jury's change from year to year and I love hearing about quilts that had been rejected the year before and accepted this time around it's all so interesting.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on SIX quilts being in QuiltCon!!! Honestly, if any of those quilts showed up on my doorstep, I wouldn't shut the door on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! These six make 24 that I've had at the show in way or another in 2016. I'm blown away each year that so many of my quilts get in. I'm very thankful.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on all of your entries, I can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment